The Country Connection
After preliminary trips had been made, regular fortnightly visits to Tamworth, Scone and Gloucester were arranged.The first training visit to Tamworth was made on November 25th 1936, to Scone on December 10th 1936, and to Gloucester on January 27th 1937.The development of these country centres made it necessary to appoint an assistant instructor at Newcastle.
It was decided to appoint Ernie Buck to this position and he returned to Newcastle from Grafton where he had been handling the Club’s instruction.
To cater more substantially for the social side of the Club’s activities, the Committee authorised the erection of a Club House at the aerodrome adjacent to the main hangar with its opening during the Air display held in May 1937.A further Tiger Moth was added to the Club’s fleet on February 18th 1938, bringing the total number of aircraft owned by the Newcastle Aero Club to eight. The country training circuit was extended to include weekly visits to Inverell on February 3rd 1938, and to Moree on March 19th 1938.